Friday, January 27, 2012

5 Weeks, 6 days

  So my little munch is growing pretty fast! I read that by week 5 my baby's heart has already started beating.  Can that be true? Baby's the size of an orange seed and has a heart already?! God is amazing.  Honestly I've been experiencing a lot of anxiety over the past 2 weeks already.  I guess every mom worries about the possibilities that could occur during her pregnancy.  The only way that I've found to battle these times of anxiety has been to pray, read, and meditate on Scripture.  I realize that God is good and He is directing my family's path in the way that is pleasing to Him and will honor Him most.
  I've been feeling sick off and on- all-day nausea, dizziness, lethargy...  I also had to go visit a neurologist because the whole right side of my body, especially my face, has been tingling, tight, and kind of achy.  That was pretty scary, but the doc did lots of tests on me and thinks what I'm suffering from is some sort of migraine.  I think he's wrong- I think my hormones are just jacked up from being pregnant and my body is trying to adjust now that my oxygen and blood are hard at work keeping a baby alive and growing.
   Shawn and I have had some laughs over my moodiness (it hasn't been too extreme yet), and certainly have laughed about my hyper-sensitive sense of smell and weird food aversions and cravings.

So far the list of my aversions is as follows:

      1. Pickles
      2.  Cheez-Its
      3. Sharp cheddar cheese

The list of my cravings are:

      1.  Greek yogurt
      2.  Colby-Jack Cheese
      3.  Water
      4.  Mexican food- fajitas :)
     
So far, i'm kind of on the fence about chicken/poultry, but I have a feeling that it's going to be an aversion here in a little bit...

Shawn has been praying that I would be able to enjoy my pregnancy.  So far, I really have.  Let's be honest, the sickness and fatigue hasn't been awesome, but it's a good sign that my munchkin is developing well.  I've enjoyed seeing Shawn become accustomed to the idea of being a daddy, and I've also enjoyed the pampering that he's given me so far!
  If I could ask you to pray for anything pray that baby Charlee would be developing on schedule and that he or she would be very healthy.  Also, pray that my health would be ok and that Shawn and I would continue to love each other with the love of Christ throughout pregnancy and parenthood:)

Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment