Thursday, June 28, 2012

29 weeks!

Hey everyone!

     Holy moly I'm so excited about the time flying by!  29 weeks already:)  Last weekend we got to take a little mini-vacay to Florida to see two of our good friends tie the knot.  Congratulations, Andrew and Megan White!  The wedding was in Yahala, Fl.  During my research to find a suitable hotel for us,  I discovered that one of my best friend's parents lived about 40 minutes away from Yahala-in the Villages, FL!!  I called Peli (Nicole Rebardo Gilmore) to see if she thought her parents would mind hosting us for the weekend, and come to find out, she was going to be there the week before- ironically leaving 2 days before were to arrive (she and Joshua are living in Zion, Il.).  Because we hadn't seen each other in a long while, she did some magic and got her flight changed to the following week!! Joshua, her hubby of 7 years (happy anniversary!) flew in from a mission trip to spend the weekend with us as well!!  Talk about a wonderful surprise and blessing.  We had the best time!!  On top of that, another one of my best friends, Jennifer McKinney got to drive up from Lakeland, FL to visit us too:)  We had such a great time swimming, playing dominos, playing pickleball, riding around in the golf carts, and of course in the great Rebardo fashion- EATING CONSTANTLY!! Uncle John wasn't going to let his nephew Charlie starve for one second:)
Shawn had to get his game on so Mambo, Peli's mom,  wouldn't have to tell him "thank you" ;)  She says that to all of the  people that lose to her and don't REALLY play a good game.  Apparently, the words "good game" have to be earned!
We went to feed the fish and turtles at the square:) The belly is getting HUGE!! God bless my last trimester.....

Add caption
We also ran into a few old friends at the wedding:) It was so nice seeing Dana Ashmore and Michelle Ard!   (Unfortunately I didn't get a photo with Michelle).  Doesn't Andrew White look so handsome and happy?  We were very blessed to get to share in his special day!

   But like it or not, all good things must come to an end.. (well, except God and his goodness!)  We had to travel back to Alabama to finish out our year in Auburn.  
  I had a doctor's appointment for them to administer my glucose test, which tests for gestational diabetes- and it was high!   Oh no.  So, I had to go in for a THREE hour extensive glucose test to ascertain if I really have gestational diabetes.  I had to fast from 12pm the night before all the way until around lunch time the next day.  Let me tell you what, that is NOT an easy feat for a lady 29 weeks pregnant!!  But, I did it:)  I'd do anything for our little boy- to make sure he's happy and healthy.  We got the results today, and Praise God, NO DIABETES!!  All my levels were very normal.  They attribute the first test results to my having eaten before I went in for the testing (which I was allowed to do).  I would have fasted the first time had I known I was going to have to sit through 3 hours of torture;)  

     Oh!! Another big happening is that we FINALLY found out that we're going to be placed in AUGUSTA, GEORGIA!!  We are so blessed and happy to be moving close to friends and family.  Our little boy is going to grow up so loved and spoiled:)  I'm looking forward to my days of being a stay at home mommy, and Shawn is looking forward to starting his career as a BCBA.  Continue to pray for us in our transition (especially the stress of moving), finding a doctor, and also for Shawn as he will have to take his certification test in September.  

     Thank you for keeping up with us during this exciting time in our lives!  We love you all:)

---- Jaclyn, Shawn, baby Charlie, and Jericho

the belly at 29 weeks


     

No comments:

Post a Comment