Wednesday, June 20, 2012

28 Weeks!

Well, the past 2 weeks have been a whirlwind.  I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is proceeding.  It seems like the first trimester took forever and now here we are in our 3rd!!

Some special dates-
*June 7th, Shawn got to feel the baby kick for the first time:) That was so special for us!
*June 19, yesterday, Charlie was moving around so much that I could see him for the first time just by looking at my belly!!  That was so weird and wonderful.  I can't believe how fast he's growing.  He's estimated at a healthy 3lbs right now.

I'm feeling pretty good still, although my feet are swelling a little more and I'm having more trouble sleeping.  My back has continued to plague me, but that's pregnancy!  I'm so thankful to have a healthy little one and pray that he would continue developing big and strong!

Last week, we had our 4d ultrasound, but Charlie was being stubborn (don't know WHERE he got that from!) and he was face down and had his feet over his face...  So, we had a redo today! I'll tell you about that one in a bit. But, back to last week.

We also went home for an extended weekend to see the Lion King and celebrate Father's Day with my sweet daddy. Before we left for Greenville, my husband treated me to a pedicure- complete with a foot soak, exfoliation, massage, and polish!  The best part about this was that it was HIS idea:)  I have to say, that was probably one of the most memorable moments for me during my pregnancy.  I just HAD to take a photo!  Praise the Lord for a thoughtful, Christ-loving, servant-hearted husband.


 The Lion King was amazing, just as I had hoped all those 14 years I had been waiting to see it.  We got to go with David and Anna, and got to share in their first experience of seeing a Broadway show!  They loved it as well!  Charlie slept through most of it, but was moving like crazy when "I Just Can't Wait to be King" came on.  Either he loves music or wants to be king one day.  I'm hoping it's the former:)  Here are two photos of the big night!




here's the bump at 27 weeks!

We had such a great time in Greenville.  I forgot to take a photo with my dad (boo....)  but did get to take one of Titus.  He wanted to give Charlie a kiss:)


How cute is he?

Ok, so now for the news about today's ultrasound.  Well, Charlie was in a better position this time (at least he was face up!)  but as soon as she got the thing on him, he brought his feet up to his forehead and stayed like that the entire time!!  I was amazed that our radiologist could get any photos at all:)  She did a great job though.  So, here is our little munch at 28 weeks.  


 I think he is perfect:)


 Here's the famous whistle face!!


So serious


And the big yawn!!  Our radiologist said that she's never seen a baby yawn so many times during an ultrasound!  I said, he must love his sleep just like his daddy:)  My dad said he might just be singing:)  Either way, he's a cutiepie.

We should find out about my glucose test (which I took today), early next week.  Keep us in your prayers and that Charlie would continue to grow healthy and strong.

As for mommy and daddy, pray that we would be patient as we wait to hear back about his fellowship.  Shawn's boss said that we would hear this week.  I hope he keeps his promise!  We'll let you know where we're going to be whenever we find out!

Thanks for all of the prayers and for keeping up with our growing family:)

Jaclyn & baby Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment