Thursday, June 7, 2012

26.5 Weeks & Waiting....

  Hey everyone:)

   I think my last blog post was about at 24 weeks I think.  I guess the 2 week marker is my cue to update- seems the case anyway.  There's a lot going on around the Bohanan house these days.  A lot of baby preparations, going out of town, work, gardening, and then there's WAITING.  Yes, it seems we do a lot of waiting these days too.  First, before I get into the beef of the blog post, I wanted to show you a couple of belly pics!

   The first we took (AFTER I had gotten all dolled up, of course) in North Augusta at the wedding of a close friend of Shawn's.  Charlie got to experience his first swing dances that night!! Of course, we didn't dance as fast as we used to:)  This a week 24 photo.


The next photo I just took at work-  I thought it'd be interesting to get a different view...the view I see day to day:)  This is my 26.5 week photo! (I'm leaning back a little, so he's really not as big as he seems...I'm just sticking the belly out!)


Ok, now that we got that over with I'll continue the post.  


     Ok, so we got back from the beach (and I still need to post some photos on the blog!! If you just wanna glance through them though, they're on my FB page)  Since then, I feel like we've been playing catch up.  Tons of laundry, house cleaning, my garden was overgrown, Shawn had to catch up on school work, grocery shopping... Vacation can really take it out of ya!!  We've taken a trip to North Augusta for Memorial Day- which was AWESOME.  We got to spend much needed time with our Bohanan family and friends- even got to enjoy the lake!  We had a baby shower on Tuesday night, given by my awesome Sunday School class.  It's safe to say that Charlie is VERY spoiled already. And that he's gonna miss all our friends here in Auburn!  
      I've also been busy trying to control these hormones.... keep on trying, right?  I had a pretty terrible day at work yesterday and then I came home excited to check on my garden and read a book.  Well, I went outside and found 3 of my squash plants dead and the 4th well on its way:(  We've been battling with squash bugs since the plants came up, but NOTHING is helping.  The little critters had infested our previously thriving squash plants and killed them:(  I pulled them up--in a last stitch effort to get rid of some of the bugs and perhaps save the zucchini....and just CRIED.  I guess that's just how gardening goes.  Needless to say, my horrible day finished horribly as well.  At least today's a new day.  Very glad for new beginnings.  I'm hopeful our tomatoes, lettuce, and peppers will continue to do well so I can at least make some salsa.
      Lastly, we've been very busy WAITING.  OH my gosh, how I LOATHE waiting for anything.  Waiting to hear where we're being placed come August has been one frustrating experience!!  But we're finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  Clint, the guy at Georgia DD, has FINALLY emailed Shawn and has arranged a phone conference for Thursday of next week, at 10 am.  He said that he needed to speak with both Shawn and his classmate who will also be working with Georgia before he can tell us where we'll be placed.  Hopefully, this will also be the conversation that will lead us to find out where we're going. (I'm praying that we would find out ON Thursday!)  I have a few prayer requests for this....please join us in prayer if you would!
     1.  That God would be glorified and lives would be blessed because of where our family is placed.  There are so many hurting families out there and Shawn has a great opportunity to share Hope with them. 
     2.  In our hearts, we'd really LOVE to be placed in Augusta, GA.  If this is not God's will for us, pray that we would have thankful and willing hearts to go wherever He leads.  This is VERY difficult for me.  I want so badly to be close to my family and friends- ESPECIALLY since we are embarking upon a sure-to-be difficult season of life.  I don't want to be alone.  But, as we were reminded in Sunday School last week, where God leads, He IS.  He has promised to never leave us and to sustain us along the way.  God knows our hearts.  He knows what we need.  I need to be prepared for ANY decision that is to be made.  
    3.  Pray that wherever we're placed that I will find a good doctor that I trust (and one who will actually take a 8 month pregnant lady!)  
    4.  Pray that we will find affordable housing and a good church family.
    5.  Pray for the continued healthy development of our little boy.  We have his 4D ultrasound on Monday, the 11th, and are SO excited!  Pray that Mommy would not be stressed about life and would walk daily with God.  (Pray the same for Daddy too, and that he would finish his Master's Degree strong!)

Thanks so much for keeping up with us and committing to pray for us whenever we are on your minds!

We love you,

Jaclyn, Shawn, and baby Charlie:)
      


No comments:

Post a Comment