Tuesday, July 17, 2012

32 Weeks- 8 to go!

Hi there!

   It has indeed been a busy 3 weeks since I posted last.  I can't believe so much time has gone by.  It really is incredible how you can blink and not even realize a month has come and gone.  Since our lovely trip to Florida, Shawn and I both had off for the 4th of July, so we got to travel to Tennessee.  We're thankful for this time where we can take long road trips without having to pack up a kiddo and all his things (although, I DID take 9 pillows with me so I could sleep).  We're enjoying spontaneity while we can, but will be greater blessed when Charlie comes and we can experience all things as a family of four- yes, Jericho must be counted.
  Our trip to Tennessee was so much fun.  A lot of our time there was spent working in the kitchen!  I had a hankering to learn how to "put up" or can fruits, make jam, and make salsa!  We sweated it out in the kitchen, I iced my feet and ankles to hopefully make the swelling go down, and at the end of the week, we successfully put up around 15 jars of peaches, 12 jars of peach jam, 4 pint jars of blackberry jam, and 2 pints of salsa.  Before we left, Shawn and I also canned about 12 jars of pickles (and boy, did they stink!)


























On the 4th of July, we had the family over for a big meal and enjoyed one another's company (even in the hot house!) The next day, we went up to the river and played there most of the day.  The river was extremely chilly, so it was VERY nice to soak my tired and swollen feet in:)  Shawn and Chad also put on a nice fireworks show for us that night.
     On the 7th, we travelled down to Newberry, SC for our niece's 1st birthday.  The party was absolutely beautiful, and Eden was the most engaged one year old I've EVER seen at their 1st birthday.  She LOVED opening her presents, eating her smash cake, and wearing THREE new dresses.  Yes, she had many outfit changes that day, like a regular diva.  I haven't edited her birthday photos yet, but I did get a few of her playing on her new pink piano. 

 





Of course we had fun playing with Titus too!  We really hated that JJ and Whit couldn't be there to celebrate with us.  It's always so much fun when all the kids are together:)

Here are some recent belly shots for you to enjoy.....  Charlie is growing by leaps and bounds these days.  He's getting heavier to tote around and moving like crazy!  Right now he's resting because the past 24 hours I think he was building a house inside my uterus.  He's sleepy now, so he's decided to take it easy for a bit.

31 Weeks
32 Weeks- Looks like I'm carrying a bit higher than last week:)


And two last photos for you....JJ is excited about his cousin Charlie.  He's been on a drawing spree and decided to draw Charlie:)  Here he is:

You can't tell, but he drew a pacifier on him:)






 

No comments:

Post a Comment