Friday, August 12, 2011

The Redwoods

After our freezing trip to Crater Lake, we traveled down to northern california to visit the Pacific coast and trek through the redwoods.  The water was FREEZING and the beach was foggy, but we really enjoyed our trip to the coast.  We traveled through some of the redwood forest and I was just amazed at how big the trees were! Shawn had told me some stories about the humongous trees but I didn't believe it until I saw it.  If you've never gotten the chance to travel through that area, I would highly recommend it!  The pictures definitely don't do it justice.  Hope you all enjoy! blessings.




Freezing water! shawn pretended to get a blurry shot on the first one so I would have to stay in the water longer...punk.


pretty sure this is california's state flower


a sight I saw frequently- shawn fiddling with the gps





how beautiful is this bark!


oh my gosh.  have you ever seen a tree this big??



babe the ox:)


Paul bunyan! he's huge

this whale was found in the klamath river near the redwood national forest




the bark was like artwork

i hate this photo, but look how gigantic the tree is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment